Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our House, is a very very very fine House!

Yesterday we went to Logan to check out what has been done on our house since we were there two and a half weeks ago. According to the timeline that was shared with us by the builder last time, we were hoping to find that most, if not all, of the sheet rocking was completed. We were pleasantly surprised to have our expectations EXCEEDED! Not only was the entire home sheet rocked, but everything except for the garage was completely mudded too!

Travis' office is really starting to take shape!

Travis is very excited to have a garage of his own!

Back view of the house. Yesterday was the first time that we have been able to get a picture from this angle since before there was a huge pile of dirt in the way. It has been cleared away now as the builder is preparing to lay the foundation for the next building.

This is a picture of the cool corners that I have tried to explain to many of you as "half of a hexagon." The picture helps, but you will have to come check it out in person to get the full effect! :)

Main floor view from the dining room area...you don't have to use your imagination quite as much anymore :)

Laundry room...I kind of miss seeing all the colorful wires that are inside of this wall...NOT!

This house is officially "unavailable"...now hopefully the loan goes through okay! :/

The traditional street view...we were surprised to see that they had started siding the exterior!

On our way back home we made a pitstop at Hill Air Force Base to watch some of the air show with Travis' parents and younger brother, Parker. The show was incredible! The USAF Thunderbirds were the featured performers and some of the maneuvers that those pilots do in those planes LITERALLY take your breath away! I can't imagine how they must train for these shows. I mean, it's not like they can use trial and error to learn how to do stunts at speeds nearing 1000 mph! We heard that in some of the formations the wing tips of two separate planes may be only 3 feet apart! CRAZY!! Travis got some great pictures that he posted on his website http://www.travisatwooddesign.com/ ...make sure to check them out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love the pictures! Dad says "really cool" :) You two are so funny. Can tell by the pictures how excited you are! Just think, we will be there before you know it to be guests in your new home. Yay!!! I am so jealous.... I would love to see the Thunderbirds. Air shows are the best!! Love you!
MOM H.

Heidi said...

So exciting! It is such a cool looking house. I still can't believe how fast they are making progress. That's awesome!

Sarah, I love your outfit...those plaid shorts are so cute.

V.I.C.K.I. said...

Sarah, I love your outfit too. Also, I love Travis's office. Luckies.

Angela said...

I don't think I've ever heard about the corners and I don't get them now that I do. Guess I'll have to view them in person. Hopefully I'm not disappointed. :) By the way I looked at Travis' sight. Awesome! Such a good photographer. But one thing. You called Noobie Noodie in one of your headlines and that just doesn't leave anything to the imagination :)