Monday, June 22, 2009

Stairway to Heaven...

After work today I drove over to the house to check out what has been done in the last week...


Entry way...the finish work is almost completed throughout the entire home (the 1x2's on the wall is the "shadow boxing" effect)

Our final window is in place in the bedroom instead of that particle board from last week


The picture came out a little blurry, but I LOVE this staircase! I am so glad that we decided to pay the extra money for it. It will be painted white to match all of the trim.

Upstairs view of the staircase (the man in the picture is the grumpy construction worker that grumbled at me to "not trip on anything" when I asked if it was okay if I looked around)

I hardly have to use my imagination anymore when I go check out our new place! As exciting as it was to see the progress it wasn't quite the same going there without Travis. :( We have a tradition of high-fiving on the progress each time and the only person there that I could have high-fived was the grumpy construction worker and he probably would have punched me in the face if I disturbed him again!
In other news I have gotten all settled in to my temporary living arrangements. I came to Logan later last night after all of the Father's day festivities. I was so sad to leave my husband, but he was great and dried my tears as he told me that this was a GOOD thing because it means that we are a step closer to moving into our new home. I guess he is right so I will keep my chin up from now on! :) I know everyone is dying to see pictures of my bachelorette pad so maybe if I find some time in my extremely busy evenings I will post some up here (that's a joke..i wish i had that much to do all by myself without a television!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the staircase!!! It looks beautiful! Hang in there, It will all come to an end soon.
Love ya tons, Mom A.

Angela said...

what the staircase have looked like if you didn't pay the extra money? A ladder that you climb into the loft? :) j/k I can't remember what it would have looked like. Looks great though. It's so funny that you mentioned the construction worker becuz I hadn't scrolled down enough to see your caption and I thought "who's that guy? I'll bet he's not happy you're there" That sucks about the high five but I'll give you a secret. It's called a self high five- slap one hand against the other above your head and say it aloud. I used to do it all the time in jr. high. Obviously I was the coolest kid on the block which is why it caught on so well. :)

Anonymous said...

Just think....one month from today I will be ascending and descending that staircase! Yipppeeee!! It will be fun for you to see the progress on a more regular basis the next few weeks! Just walk in and walk right past the grumpy pants man and give him that look like, "Watch it buddy, I do own this place!!! " :)
xoxo Mom H.