Saturday, June 13, 2009

In one week's time...

Travis and I went up to Logan today for a few items of business. First we picked up a key to my temporary second home. Since I start my new job on June 22 and our home isn't supposed to be finished until the week of July 13, I found a place to stay in Logan so that I wouldn't have to commute an hour and a half each way 5 days a week. We figured that an 11 hour day between driving and working would be too much for me to handle, plus it is going to cheaper for me to stay there than to pay the gas money going back and forth. I will most likely come home once midweek to see Travis and help with packing, and of course I will be home on weekends.

Next we did some shopping for Father's Day and one of our best friend's birthdays. We thought as long as we were up there we might as well get accustomed to the shopping available! After shopping we dropped some paper's off to my new boss so that I would be in their time-keeping system once I started a week from Monday. Lastly, we couldn't make a trip to the Cache Valley without checking out our house....a lot has been done in a week since we were there last!

All the doors are installed upstairs!

Master Bedroom...Ready for paint as soon as the last window is in place

Garage is all mudded...piles of baseboards and pieces for the railing waiting to be installed

Travis' office...windows are cased, baseboards installed, closet doors are in

Ceilings are textured (kinda hard to tell in the photo)

Guest Bedroom is all ready for primer and paint!

View from the street...More siding was completed on the east (left) side of the home

We spoke briefly with the builder before we left to come back home to Salt Lake. He told us that they will start painting this week! Can't wait to see it again next week! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everytime we look at the new blog posts about your progress on your house we get more and more excited to come spend time in it with you! Looking better and better all the time!!! :)
Love ya, Mom and Dad

Heidi L said...

It sure is comming along isn't it? I can't wait to see it. It will make me want to redecorate! Ha ha.

Angela said...

I am just so tickled to get a present from Logan :) What could it be? Hmmm... A pair of overalls? fresh milk from a cow? Can't wait!