Thursday, January 7, 2010

Iowa Christmas 2009

Travis and I had a fabulous time in Iowa over the Christmas holiday. It was so great to spend lots of quality time with my family and to get some well earned relaxation time. Every night we got a minimum of eight hours of sleep and every morning we woke up on our own instead of to the alarm clock blaring.

Here are my sweet parents on Christmas Eve. They are the most wonderful Mom and Dad and I appreciate everything that they do for Travis and I. My Dad is a goofball 95% of the time and keeps everyone laughing with all his witty comments. I just love that his sweet tooth can keep up with (and surpass' my own!) My mom is definitely a "hostess with the mostest" and goes out of her way keeping us comfortable. We practically have to fight her to help with the dishes or cleaning up after dinner! We love you both SO much!! Thanks for such a wonderful time!!


Travis, myself, and Matthew on Christmas Eve. We were so grateful for the time that Matthew took off of work to spend with us during this trip. Matthew's girlfriend Jana also was able to spend some time with us earlier on in the week before going back to Illinois to spend Christmas with her own family. I wish that we lived closer so that the four of us could hang out more...we had a BLAST!!

With a combined effort from the six of us we were able to put together a 1000 piece puzzle in only a day and a half! Who knew old fashioned fun could be so addicting?? Seriously, Travis and I were up until 2 a.m. the one night!!


Our last night there, we dug out Matthew's collection of K'Nex to build the big Ferris wheel. It was a bit easier building this masterpiece as an adult than it was when I was a kid, however it was still surprisingly challenging making sure that each piece was in place correctly to make the wheel go 'round. Travis has decided that our little guy will definitely have some K'Nex in his toy collection someday!


On our way to the MSP airport on Monday morning we decided to make a pit-stop at the Mall of America. That place is HUGE!! I have been through the entire mall before, but Travis never has. Our main purpose for stopping was to show Travis the Lego Land inside the mall. It is incredible all these massive sculptures that all were constructed by normal sized legos. They have dinosaurs, aliens, construction works, a pilot, and even a functioning clock tower!

There is just so much to see in the 4 floors and over 500 stores that they have in the Mall of America. Not to mention the indoor theme park complete with 4 roller coasters as well as an aquarium!! We decided on our next trip through MSP we are going to take a day or two to do some exploring in the area.

As always, all good things must come to and end. After nine days of vacation it was back to reality. Roxy and Noobie were very excited to have us home and it was nice sleeping in our own bed. Thanks again to my AWESOME family for making this another memorable trip!

1 comment:

Angela said...

There were way more stories on here than I got from you at my house. You look so pretty in the pics- love your hair down you know. That mall was amazing! I've heard about it but never been- your pics are probably the closest I'll ever get. You didn't really mention much about the shower either- maybe you were too tired to chat- or maybe it's cuz I was going to dinner, who knows? we'll have to get a whole weekend of chatting in soon cuz' I miss you down here....terribly :(