Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away...Or Stay??


So the weather here the last few days has been disappointing to say the least. Last week we were in the high 60s and 70s all week. Travis and I even wore shorts and t-shirts last Saturday when the thermometer in my car got up to 76! The cold front got here Saturday night..and since then the thermometer hasn't gone past 48 degrees. A couple of mornings we have even woken up to snow and we haven't seen the sun since Saturday, so needless to say it has really gotten the best of me...until this afternoon.

I had been planning all day to run the 6 miles that was on my training schedule for today on the treadmill thanks to the crappy weather. I was NOT looking forward to spending close to an hour running in place. After I finished grocery shopping this afternoon the skies were overcast, but it hadn't started raining TOO bad (more or less a mist) so I decided I was going to stick it to the weather man and go running outside.

About half way into my run I felt like my pace was faster than it had been in the past. Then I realized that maybe I was feeling this way because there had been rain drops pelting my face the entire time. I refused to look at my watch before I finished because I didn't want to curse my time.

When I got to the finish and stopped my clock I was TOTALLY euphoric...I ran my 6 miles in 56 minutes!! That breaks down to 9:16 per mile...a personal best!! Maybe the rain is my lucky charm after all?! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job kiddo! Keep up the good work! XOXOXOXO Dad

Heidi said...

Nice work! Your date is creeping up but you obviously have no reason to worry.

Jeannie said...

WOW! That is fast. Good work!