Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's Progress!

Yesterday I had my interview up in Logan. It went really well and sounds promising. The staff seemed friendly, the facility well maintained and clean, benefits/salary right along the lines of what I was hoping for... It truely was all I had hoped it would be. The last thing that the rehab manager said to me before I left was "I am very interested in having you join us"...That's good right?! I will keep my fingers crossed for a job offer in the next few days.

One of my BFF's, Angela, used some of her vacation time to ride along with me up to Logan. She was such a good sport about the 1.5 hours that she had to wait for me during my interview. (especially since I had told her I was sure it wouldn't last more than 45 minutes! oops!) After I was finished I drove her around Logan to show her where Travis would be going to school and such.

Of course I was super excited to go see (and show Angela) the progress on our townhouse. We had found out earlier in the week that they had started framing so I was anxious to see our new home taking shape. I was pleasantly surprised at how much had been done already! When Travis and I were in Logan at the end of January they had just leveled out the dirt and poured the footings. It is a little hard to tell, but the red arrow is pointing at what will be our front door:


I have gotten a couple more leads in my job search so hopefully we will be going up again in the next couple of weeks for interviews and to take more pictures of the progress of our new home!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the progress of the house! It looks so beautiful now...just wait till they finish it!!! You'll have to take us up there when it get further along...and when the snow melts up there. keep us posted with your interview. we're excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Yea! I love the view. I can't wait to visit, this year! I hope:) You should get the job I just know it. PS I am in Colorado right now and pretending I am in Utah:)Steph

Heidi said...

Looking good! Thanks for the arrow...it puts things into perspective. Glad your interview went well.

V.I.C.K.I. said...

Look at all that snow! We do not have snow like that in Salt Lake. I really think you should reconsider your move.

Angela said...

Well you were just too excited and quick for me. You posted before i could send the photo of you. I'll send it to you anyway. Just for our memories sake. Thanks for taking me up there and showing me around. I was actually very excited to see your house (although I could tell I was lacking energy- hope you didn't feel bad). I think it was because I was dehydrated from baking in the sun :). Seriously. It's a cute little place and I am excited to stay in my guest bedroom with John and I's picture framed beside the bed. And I'm sure you got the job. The guy was super excited over you from what I could tell the 2 times you walked by and then hung out by the car :). We are just going to miss you two so terribly much. What will we do on weekends? We'll have to stick to the 3rd weekend of every month schedule. Otherwise we'll have Atwood withdrawals.