Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It'll be here before we know it!

As the weeks keep on flying by, Logan seems more and more real. We have been planning on this move for over a year and now it is only a few months away! Yesterday morning I sent 22 cover letters with resumes to various PT places in the Cache Valley hoping for a potential job interview. This afternoon, a little more than 24 hours later I got a phone call from one of the places (that was probably in my top 5 that I was hoping to hear from) YAY!! I spoke with the rehab director for a few minutes and got off the phone with plans to go interview with him next Friday! Wooo Hooo! They are looking to hire a PTA for full time. Next week, it will be Friday the 13th and since I am not superstitious I am feeling lucky ;) Just from the few minutes that I spoke with the director it all sounds very promising. This particular place offers out-patient, skilled rehab, and assisted living settings already and in May they are hoping to launch a home health division. PERFECT! So much variety sounds super appealing to me because it makes it that much harder to get burnt out. Hopefully it isn't too good to be true...

Also today, we got a letter in the mail from Utah State saying that Travis was officially accepted into the university. It didn't come as a surprise to me, I knew he would get in no problem. It just makes it that much more real that we are really going to do this! Now we will wait until after he finishes up this last semester at SLCC to contact his advisor and get a schedule figured out for the fall.

On another note, I am very excited for this weekend. We are going to the Home Show on Friday night which I can't wait for and then Sunday we are going up to Heber City to hang out with Travis' family. We haven't seen anyone for a month and it's always fun going up there to hang out with everyone...plus I have two prego sister in laws so I am always anxious to see their growing bellies! :)

We haven't heard anything new on our house this week, but hopefully framing has started, or will start in the next few days so there is something for me to see when I am up there next week! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All good news on your blog today!
It sounds like things are falling into place. It's so exciting. Can't wait to see you Sunday!
Love ya tons
mom A.

V.I.C.K.I. said...

Very exciting, although we will be sad to see you leave. Patrice will just have to micromanage someone else at church. Kidding, KIDDING.

Scottkids said...

Congrats! Thats Awesome!

Angela said...

Alright Sarah- And Travis. Now that you're in the big boy school it's time to do your own schedule. I noticed it said we have to figure out a schedule. And meet with his counselor. You guys are so silly. John and I are just sitting here laughing...don't worry we love you crazy little selves anyway.