Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"Families are like fudge...mostly sweet with a few nuts!"

Travis and I are very lucky to be a part of our families. They each are a never ending support system in all that we do. I love that whenever something happens with one of us, big or small, I can dial anyone of them and get at least one person on the other end to just listen to what I have to say. With my parents in Iowa and us in Utah, you would think that I would get home sick more often, but I talk to them nearly every day and so it's like I don't even miss a beat!

Matthew, Jana, Dad, Mom, Me, Trav
Salt Lake City, November 2008

Trav, Me, Keith, Heidi L, Mom, Parker, Dad, Heidi A., Ben
Old Faithful Lodge, July 2008
Often times, I hear stories of families that don't get along, or don't speak or see each other more than on the big holidays. I can't imagine what that would be like since I have always been extremely close to not only my immediate family, but also my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I am glad that our families get along. I hope that each and every one of them knows how much we truly appreciate and love them. Our lives wouldn't be the same without all the memories and love that we share with all of you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Bryan an I are the fudge, but who are the nuts? Have a good day! Love ya tons!
Mom A

Anonymous said...

Well dear children...are we the sweet part or the nutty part? A little of both I imagine. What a "sweet" blog post! Yes like we always told you as you were growing up. When it comes down to it, family is the most important! Love you! Dad and Mom xoxo

V.I.C.K.I. said...

That is a very nice tribute to your fams. I feel the same way about mine, although there's a few people I could do without. JK.

Jeannie said...

You are so lucky to have such good families on both sides. Enjoy all the moments. It really is the most important things we have is family.