Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ahhhh....autumn is almost here!

I just wanted to take a minute to express how happy I am that fall time is right around the corner! It is almost time to break out sweaters and long pants and say farewell to shorts and flip flops! Already the weather is getting cooler. The last few mornings I have actually worn a jacket when I leave for work or take the dogs out for their morning "walk". The leaves are just starting to change, and I am really enjoying being able to keep the windows of our apartment open and smell the fresh air flowing through our home. I love the "smell" of fall ...it reminds me of many fond memories that I have of beginnings of a new school year and friday night football games while I was in high school. I can honestly say that I do not miss the 90+ degree temps even a little bit that we dealt with for most of July and August. Autumn is such a beautiful time everywhere, but especially in Salt Lake City. Every day when I look out my front windows, I can see the colors changing up on the mountains. Small patches of red, orange, and yellow are becoming more and more visible. I am so lucky to live in such a picturesque place! Here is the latest forcast for Salt Lake City for the upcoming week... it doesn't get much better than that!!


P.S. Just so that no one thinks that I am crazy..when I originally posted this entry the forecast was 70's all week and sunny....didn't know that the image would update daily :) oops!

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

I sooo agree...........

I love Fall. Isn't it funny how the seasons smell. I always think that's funny. But they really do smell. I love it!

Angela said...

I checked your forcast Sarah. Just as you said. Nothin' beats rainy :). I can't believe you're on a plane and took the time to update this. I think we had this conversation this morning right? I'm still a bit loopy today.