Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Latest Project

With the winter months closing in on us I decided that I had better think of something to keep my hands and mind busy. So I decided to crochet a blanket for our little one on the way...problem is it only took me a couple days so what am I going to do now??

JUST KIDDING! :) This is actually a picture that I stole from the Internet...I WISH I were that good! In all seriousness, I really have decided that I am going to crochet our baby a blanket, and I am SURE that it will take me AT LEAST until April when the baby gets here!

I have never actually crocheted anything before. I learned HOW to crochet once, and didn't have the time and patience to practice and get good since I was still in school. So that poor spool of yarn and crochet hook got stuck in a box and forgotten...until now.

Those of you that know me well, know that I don't do crafty. I don't sew, I don't quilt, I don't scrapbook. I don't have a problem with any of these things...they just simply don't interest me enough to spend the time doing them. However, with the baby on the way what a PERFECT motivation to make something. And I figured if I posted it on my blog I would have to follow through since all of you reading this are holding me accountable and I am sure expect updates on the progress.

Therefore, with the help of you tube videos I, Sarah Atwood plan to crochet our first born a cute little blanket...wish me luck! :)

6 comments:

Eric and Jessi said...

Luck! Crocheting is the perfect hobbie for all the doctor's visits waiting rooms you'll be in during the coming months!

Angela said...

You are a goober! Just as I suspected...this baby will come and you will turn into a relief society president in waiting. It's already happening Sarah..you're changing right before my eyes. All you need now is some cans and fresh fruit and you already have your food storage started.

V.I.C.K.I. said...

I agree with Angela- watch yourself! You are on a slippery slope to motherhood!

Anonymous said...

I love it, Sarah!! I know you can do it! Didn't you start a scarf once? And there's nothing wrong with becoming a Relief Society president!!!!!
Love ya tons,
Mom A

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the finished product or even the product while it is being made!! Yes, I think the motherhood fairy definitely is waving it's wand over you!! :) I love it!!
xoxo Mom

Dave and Cindy said...

Good luck Sarah on the project. Remember Cindy is almost an expert on crocheting. If you need any help, I'm sure she would love to guide you.
By the way, I have started a blog and will let you know what the address is as soon as I get something respectable on it.