Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Our "practice children"

I just don't understand how people can NOT like dogs. We love ours. They are our source of entertainment a lot of the time. I love watching them run and play at the park or going on walks/runs with them. They are just great companions and I am glad that I have them, especially when I am home alone. I am not as good at disciplining our dogs as Travis is. In fact, sometimes he gets upset with me because I laugh when he is trying to discipline them. He tells me that I have to learn not to do that or else our child is going to manipulate us someday! Both of our dogs we rescued from the shelter and we had such great experiences with the two we have that we will DEFINITELY save another dog from the shelter someday.

Roxy REFUSES to look at the camera!

How can you not smile at that face?

They are trying to look sweet and innocent...
Travis and I are hoping that since we had dogs first that our transition into parenthood will be an easy one! :)

5 comments:

Scottkids said...

I want to be a dog person! I really do. They just seem like as much work as a child! My kids want one so bad. I just don't know. I think for the safety, the running mate, and the companion for my kids are the main reason I want one. I just don't know though....

Angela said...

I cracked up at Noobie's face! I don't know how people don't love dogs! I think they worry too much about the perfect house, or the possible mess. It's no different than a kid except they love you no matter what.

V.I.C.K.I. said...

What if you have another girl? Will Travis feel he is outnumbered with all the ladies in the house?

Scottkids said...

Hey check out my blog asap. I don't know when the deal ends!

Anonymous said...

#1 CONGRATS ON BABY!!!!!! I'm excited for you! I will spread it around the office!! That is wonderful! I am heading up to Logan next month so I think I'm going to have to call you and come see your new place and give you a hug of congrats!!!