Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Yes...we are SERIOUS!

So IT all started the day we got back from our wonderful vacation to Antigua. We were sure that IT had to have something to do with the stress from the last month...living away from Travis, moving into a new house, starting a new job...so to put our minds "at ease" I decided to take a test to determine that IT couldn't be happening....

...and according to test #1 IT definately was happening! So...I took a couple more tests (of a different brand because somehow I thought that it would make a difference in the outcome)....

...and IT still was happening...I AM PREGNANT!!! I am 11 weeks along and feeling great! This was QUITE the shock to us AND everyone else...in fact EVERYONE that we have told so far has said (without fail) "Are you serious??" Yes, we are serious. This is REALLY happening people! :) The shock is wearing off now and the excitement is moving in. I have felt great all along. No morning sickness...just feeling tired and having cravings for things that I haven't had cravings for in years (cheeseburgers, tator tot casserole, goolash, etc) In fact, it all has been like a dream that I should wake up from at any time. It hadn't really hit me until last Thursday that there really was something going on inside of me. We had our first appointment with the doctor and she did an ultrasound and we got to hear the heartbeat! What an AMAZING sound! It was so fast, so perfect, and so REAL! It all hit home when this came up on the screen...
...isn't IT just the cutest little peanut you have ever seen?? I for one think so! I have heard so many others before me say that you don't realize how the love for your own child is so much different than any other kind of love out there...and that you have to experience it before you can fully understand what it's like...I am beginning to understand. I can't believe how much love I have already for this little peanut, and how happy it made me to see it wiggle during that ultrasound! This is really happening.

Since this new venture was completely unplanned we have had to step back and rethink what our plan will be. And believe me, it is definately still in the planning stages. Good thing that babies take awhile to get here. There is so much to think about and so much to do with a baby on the way. Sometimes so much to think about and do that I just don't think about it at all because I get overwhelmed. (which will totally solve everything right?) Those of you that know me well, know that I like to have a plan...or rather I NEED to have a plan.

Although this is a different path than what we were thinking we would be on at this point, we feel very blessed and we know that it will work out...because it always does. The day we found out Travis was so great. I was a mess. He was calm and collected like he always is in stressful situations and all I could do is cry and say "it wasn't supposed to happen like this, it wasn't supposed to be a surprsie!" Since then I have come full circle. I am excited for all there is to look forward to. I can't wait to find out what we are having, to get all the baby gear, and see what he or she is going to look like. HOLY COW! We are going to be parents! :)

13 comments:

Amber said...

Your kidding! Well, I guess you can't be with the ultrasound pic! Holy cow congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! How exciting.

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!!! Can't wait for the little one! Love mom A.

Anonymous said...

That best things in life are sometimes surprises!

I promise... you will have no greater joy or happiness than to be a parent. You will both be AMAZING parents.

Congrats!!!

Jeannie

Anonymous said...

a little mountain climber! that is so great. I was reading your last post. this one is so much more exciting. grass?, pfffff. love aunt alice

Brett and Steph Hansen said...

whoa no way!! The girls are going to be the best canine big sisters :) Congrats again and again, Love Aunt Steph

Scottkids said...

Congrats! Thats so exciting! And I think a surprise baby would be awesome! Planning there is so much anticipation! Thats great though! When are you due? I am 10 weeks, so you are a week ahead of me!

Keith and Heidi Lowther said...

If I wasn't at work, I would be crying my eyes out!! We are so so excited for you guys. Congrats again!!

Heidi said...

April can't come soon enough! We are already so excited to meet the little one.

Angela said...

I'm late to the posting party! You know how excited I have been for the past 5 weeks or whatever it's been. I couldn't find the peanut- you'll have to point it out to me later. And of course just let Travis know one more time....don't ever doubt me! Of course you were first :=)

Bec and Ryan said...

Hooray! I am so excited for you! And that is so great that you haven't had any morning sickness. Best wishes for a great pregnancy. It really is so amazing...especially once they start kicking--it's crazy! I will be excited to check it to read all of the details :)

Anonymous said...

Well, what can a happy, excited, first time grandpa and grandma to be say? Love your post and the story. Very much fun for us to read it over and over again! Made me cry the first time and now we just sit here and smile and smile. And yes, you love the little peanut so much so quickly. It is almost unexplainable. We love the little peanut too!!!
xoxo Mom & Dad H.

Scottkids said...

Ha Ha at your I should write a book comment! I really am only fun 1/2 the time. The other 1/2, my kids are in trouble. Ha Ha. Just kidding. Thanks though, that was so sweet!