Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sandals Grande Antigua 2009

I am so sorry that it took so long to post pictures of our AMAZING vacation. I wanted to wait for our pictures from the underwater camera to come back so that I could include those as well. We had such a great time on our tropical getaway and can't wait to take our next trip. I won't bore everyone with a narrative of what we did each day since I know what everyone REALLY cares about are the pictures :)

Basically each day started with breakfast, ended with dinner, and between we were either relaxing on the beach, relaxing at the pool, playing games around the resort, kayaking in the ocean, snorkeling, scuba diving, sailing the Hobie Cats, eating at one of the 9 restaurants on the resort, laying out in the sun, or sleeping. We had a fantastic time and are SO glad that our friends John and Angela invited us to join them on this dream vacation. We are happy to report that we are STILL friends after spending a week straight with them and would even do it again sometime!



You may have noticed that their were no underwater photos of Travis and John scuba diving :( That is because we got separated due to some technical difficulties that Angela and I had with our gear at the start of the dive. Travis and John ended up going with the main group and Angela and I had our own personal guide for just the two of us. He was extremely patient and attentive to us both.

I would HIGHLY recommend a Sandals vacation to anyone interested in visiting paradise! All-inclusive is definitely the way to go and we were treated like gold the ENTIRE time we were there. The hardest thing now is deciding WHICH island to go to next!

8 comments:

Adam and Cassie said...

It is so beautiful. I am severely jealous. Awesome vacation.

S.a.m. said...

looks fun! Did you guys have to get scuba certified before you went?

The Lowthers said...

Yay!! It makes us want to go!! Looks like a blast!!

Heidi said...

What an AWESOME vacation!!! Someday, maybe we'll make it to a beautiful all-inclusive resort on a white beach somewhere that's freaking awesome.

So glad you guys got to go!

Scottkids said...

Looks Awesome!

Anonymous said...

I want to go!!!
LOL Mom A.

V.I.C.K.I. said...

ALMOST as good as a trip together on a french barge!

Angela said...

I love the pics! We had so much fun with you 2. Thanks for coming with us and for being the kind of friends we would want to spend an entire week with :). It's cloudy and chilly today and I already miss laying in the sun there.