Wednesday, August 5, 2009

As Promised, our Home Sweet Home!


I know it took a LONG time to get these up, so now here are LOTS of pictures of our new place! Keep in mind it is TOTALLY a WORK IN PROGRESS...we have all sorts of ideas of what we want it to look like eventually...we just haven't been able to find a money tree to make it happen all at once! I think we have a good start anyway...it's just funny that we go into our guest bedroom the LEAST and it has the MOST hanging on the walls! We are really enjoying our new place and each day we are here it feels more and more like HOME. Last night we gained a whole new appreciation for our garage/driveway when we were able to wash and vacuum our cars without having to find a car wash nearby!



Office...set up just enough for Trav to work from home



Master bedroom...nothing special yet



Master Bathroom..here's a little color


Master Bathroom again...


...and again


Main level from dining room angle...still a lot of clutter and nothing on the walls


Living room...our blinds match PERFECTLY and we were happy to get them after a week without anything on the windows!


Living room from above


Laundry room...it is SO nice to have a place to hang wet clothes!


Kitchen...we LOVE our bar stools...we eat every meal there!


Half Bath...look close at my cute hand towel!


Half bath again..this picture doesn't do the rugs justice..they are this cool brownish grayish color


Guest bedroom...thanks to Julie for helping us come up with the picture arrangement and to Travis and my Dad for having the patience to hang it up! Our guest bedroom, like everything else, is a work in progress. It is going to be a "Vintage Paris" theme


Guest bedroom again


Guest Bathroom. These rugs are SUPER soft on your bare feet. No guest of ours is going to have to stand on a cold, hard floor to wash their hands! :)


The COOLEST garage in the community. Travis (and I) are quite proud of our first garage. This thing is 100% finished. When my parents were here, Travis and my Dad would open the garage first thing in the morning just so all the workers (and anyone else that happened to walk by) would see how COOL it was! :)



5 comments:

Barb said...

Love it! It seems so open and bright!

Melissa Henriksen said...

Oh my gosh its GORGEOUS!!! I love it! I'm coming by on my next trip to Logan!! It is darling!!!

Angela said...

I just love it! Thank goodness for those blinds so you can have naked days now :=). And I'm sure my feet will thank you when we stay over. My room is coming along nicely- love the picture arrangement- already you have more up than we do in our house and we've been here coming up on 3 years. I guess that's what it's like to be a good decorator. Maybe someday I'll have the creativity. mmmm.....probably not. The garage looks great by the way. That too was one of our favorite parts- wait until winter when you can just back out. You are going to love that. Scrapers after work will now just be a nuiescance (how the hell do you spell that word anyway?) Sorry mama Atwood for the swearword :(

Heidi said...

I don't know how many times I have looked at these pictures, and haven't commented! HELLO,where have I been!?! Your house is gorgeous. I love what you have done with it...but I'm sure pictures just don't do it justice.

Bec and Ryan said...

congrats on being in your new place. It looks great and I am sure that it is soooo nice to be in there after looking forward to it for so long. Have a blast on your trip! I can't wait to see pics :) Enjoy!