Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First Trip to the Zoo

A couple of weekends ago we went to the Hogle Zoo with Travis' family. We had a good time despite the cold, the wind, and the rain. Travis and I had fun explaining to Jackson what he was looking at even though he slept most of the time and probably doesn't quite understand what the zoo or animals are yet. We can't wait until he is old enough to truly enjoy the zoo experience!

Gazing at the monkeys...or the sky light?

It may not look it...but he was really excited about the giraffes!


We decided that this would be a zoo photo tradition....it may be more difficult when he is 17 :)

3 comments:

Angela said...

He'll have to just stand by the lion when he's 17 like the rest of us did our whole lives. That lion will never leave...where would we all take photos?

Anonymous said...

I am sure that Jackson loves giraffes just like his Grandma Nancy! Everyone should love giraffes. I still love the zoo! It has never been one of dad's favorites but it will always be one of mine. I love the lion picture!!! xoxo

Heidi said...

Okay, I'm in love with the picture of little Jackson in the drinking fountain!!! Classic! What a great tradition...now I wish I would have done the same.