Tuesday, June 15, 2010

2 months old!!

It is so hard to believe that Jackson is already 2 months old! I understand now why people say "just wait until you have kids...then time REALLY flies!"...it's so true. We went to the doctor for his 2 month check-up and the dreaded shots...which turned out to be a BREEZE compared to having to suck out his nose with the nasal aspirator the week leading up to the appointment (he had caught his first stuffy nose) Anyway, we now have documented proof that our baby is growing....he weighed in at...

11 lbs 1.5 oz (45%)
22 inches (20%)
15.25 inch head circumference (25%)

...that was 1.5 lbs more than what Jackson's doctor was expecting him to gain! Don't worry...I am pretty sure that all that extra weight is going straight to either his cheeks or his thighs!



Every day is a new adventure with our little boy...he has become so much more interactive cooing, smiling, and squealing with delight. He has also found his little hands and they have become is new favorite thing to chew/suck on. He is sleeping for 6-7 hour stretches at night in his OWN room which translates to more sleep for Travis and I (yay!!)

Yesterday, I went back to work from my maternity leave. There were definitely tears shed, but once I got to work and got going it actually felt good to be back into the swing of things. I am so glad that I will still get to spend a couple of afternoons a week at home with Jackson.

We love this little guy SO much and look forward to each and every moment and memory! :)

No comments: