Monday, May 17, 2010

Mother's Day

Not only did I get to honor all the lovely women (via web cam) who are positive influences in my life, I got to spend time with OUR little boy. It's funny how BEING a mom makes you look at mother's day (and all those other women in your life) in a whole new light. I have a whole new, deeper, appreciation of the sleepless nights, hours of rocking and comforting, and endless laundry that my own mother, mother in law, grandmother, etc have gone through over the years...and I wouldn't trade this role for ANYTHING! Thank you so much especially to my own Mom, Shallon, and Grandmothers for always being there for me through all my ups and downs. You each are TRULY an inspiration to me (and Travis) and our lives would not be complete without each one of you in it!

Travis and Jackson worked hard to make my first mother's day a special one. Jackson let us give him a bath WITHOUT crying, Travis made me breakfast, lunch, AND dinner, we went back to church for the first time since Jackson's arrival, and ended our day with a nice long walk with the dogs. The weather was B-E-A-UTIFUL for the first time in weeks! Jackson (with some help from his dad) got me a darling necklace with charms including his name, birth date, and birthstone.

It was a perfect day!

2 comments:

V.I.C.K.I. said...

I just can't get over how Travis made you breakfast, lunch, AND dinner.

Scottkids said...

Pretty Picture! Happy 1st Mothers Day