Sunday, August 28, 2011

We {heart} Destin, FL


Travis and I had SO much fun (despite missing our little guy) with our friends Alex and Tabitha down in Destin, FL.  We have known these guys for forever (some of us longer than others since Trav and Alex went to school together since they were both about 12 years old) and we just had a blast!  Alex found us a great place to stay in Destin Harbor that was close to everything!  We spent lots of time on the beautiful beaches, went kayaking, saw movies in the afternoon hours when it was too hot to be outside (yes even at the beach!), ate good food, saw the sites, and just enjoyed having so much "adult only" time.  It really was perfect.  Here are a few photos...

Waiting to see Transformers 3 in 3D...aren't we tough looking?!

The biggest plate of nachos I had ever seen...this picture doesn't do it justice!

The biggest and tastiest strawberry shortcake dessert I've ever eaten

The biggest beach chair I've ever sat in...is there a pattern here?!

The white sand beach

The crystal blue water

I've always wondered what I will look like in 15 years...now I know. We saw this lady while we were eating lunch one day and we were wearing the same shirt and everything.  The best part was that she noticed me about the same time that I noticed her and thought we looked alike as well...creepy right?!



BFF's
Thanks so much for such a great trip!  We can't wait to come back down again!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Looks beautiful there- I'm jealous. The beach chair rocks- there used to be a giant chair at a furniture store here that we took pics at...maybe it's still there for you.

V.I.C.K.I. said...

I just want those nachos. Looks like everything is big in Florida!