Sunday, October 17, 2010

Better Late then Never

I think that it is best if we all come to terms with the fact that my blogging abilities are sub-par lately...updating our blog has taken a backseat I am afraid...I mean have you seen how cute of a baby I have to entertain on a regular basis?!

A few weeks ago Travis and I ran the Dirty Dash 10K at Solider Hollow. It was SO much fun and we can both honestly say that we have NEVER been that dirty before.

Our team name was the "Mud Monkeys" and Travis even designed us the awesome shirts we are wearing! Here is a before shot....

...left to right: Kami, Heidi, Sarah, Travis, Chris

We ran up hill through mud, down hill through mud, over hay bails, through tunnels, through a swamp, over walls surrounded by mud, down a water slide, and waded in a gigantic mud pit and this was the result....

...left to right: Sarah, Kami, Hedi, then Travis and Chris behind us

Who knew that full grown men and women could have so much fun getting dirty?! Well we had such a blast that in May next year we are already signed up for the Dirty Dash 5k!! Can't wait :)

3 comments:

Scottkids said...

That looks so fun. I can't wait to do it next year!

Heidi said...

Four words: BRING ON THE MUD!!!

Angela said...

I can't believe you never called to tell me about this. A group of us had wanted to get it on this but it was already sold out...so sad. Oh by the way..I can't see your 6 months old post- says it's not there. what's the deal?