Saturday, August 14, 2010

We're Gonna Get Dirty!

Travis and I couldn't think of a better way to spend a fall morning in September than running, crawling, and jumping in the mud at Soldier Hollow (the location of the Cross Country Skiing Events for the 2002 Olympic Winter Games) and so we signed ourselves up for the 2010 Dirty Dash 10K! We are going to be on a team with Travis' brother, his wife, and her sister... it is going to be a blast! There really is no advantage to running the race as a team...it was the same price and we all still have to run the entire distance...so I guess the point of being on a team is to be there for physical and moral support through the obstacles...and for great photo opportunities! :) To learn more details about the race click HERE

We have been alternating days going for runs to prepare for the main event. It feels so great to be back into running again. Once I find my pace I could run for hours. Historically, when I have mapped out my routes I avoid incline like the plague. Seeing as this course has been described as "rolling" I decided I had probably train some hills so last week was my first attempt and I about died. I have a whole new respect for people who love to go trail running in the mountains (Travis is one of those people) So far I have done a 3.5 mile run with hills and a 4.5 mile run with hills and I must admit that although it is tough it feels great afterwards! I can't wait for September 25th to arrive! If anyone is interested come out and cheer us on! :)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

The Mud Monkeys are going to rock the course!!!

Angela said...

Sounds really fun- Too bad it is sold out as I was ready to sign John and I up as soon as I saw the map. I guess we'll have to settle for fat and lazy on september 25th.