Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lately..

We have had quite a bit going on these last couple of weeks...

For Pioneer Day (a July 24th Holiday here in Utah for all of my out of state friends and family) we were with Travis' family up in Heber City. Derek, Jackson's cousin turned 1 on July 23rd so we started the weekend with his birthday party Friday night. Saturday we had a picnic brunch and later made homemade snow cones...yum!

Derek, Jackson, and Kyla

Heidi A. and Keith

The rest of the Atwood clan (minus myself and Parker)


Last week we went up Logan Canyon with a few of our neighbors for a bonfire. Jackson was fascinated by the campfire! I LOVE the smell of a campfire...until you aren't around it anymore. We didn't get home until 10:30 that night (2 hours past Jackson's bedtime) and you better believe that he got a bath before going to bed!

Our neighbor Brooke and her little boy Ryder (she is due any day now with another little boy and I am so excited that Jackson will have little neighbor friends to play with when he is a little older)

Ryder and Jackson in the "big people" chairs

Troy and Travis building us a fire


A few weeks ago Jackson made an amazing discovery...the TELEVISION!! I told Travis that it is time to get out the Sesame Street and Baby Einstein shows. I came downstairs one night to this....

...are you wondering what he was watching? Don't worry...it was just a good old fashioned beauty pageant...Toddlers and Tiaras!! :)

In other news, Jackson is OFFICIALLY giggling. We have gotten it on video, but blogger doesn't like the file sizes that I have tried to upload so I will have to figure something else out. Let me just tell you, it is the CUTEST thing and melts my heart every time I hear it! I love my little boy SO much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always have a way of making us smile with your blog posts!! Love all the pictures!! Cute pictures!! Reminds us of his Grandpa H. as in Grandpa Larry H. with the remote in hand!! So funny!! We can just hear Sarah laughing!
xoxo Dad and Mom H.

Heidi said...

Love the remote picture! Priceless!
And my mouth waters just thinking about our snow cones.

Katrina and Lance said...

Love campfires it is the best-but right there with ya on giving them a bath I don't care how late! That picture of him with the remote is the cutest thing ever. He is getting so big time goes by so fast.

Angela said...

It's good to hear you 2 are making friends up in Logan-yay! did you have those giant marshmallows they are selling at the store for s'mores? I am dying to buy some and roast them just because of their size. But when will I do that since I don't camp? I don't know but I will figure something out.