Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Obelisk

I was lucky to have this Friday off work to celebrate the 4th of July so I decided to go bag another peak. The forecast called for some afternoon thunderstorms so we needed to make it a shorter trip to avoid being caught in some bad weather. The Obelisk has been on my list for a while and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to climb it. The Obelisk (10,516 ft.) sits right in the middle of the Wasatch Mountains and has some spectacular views of the surrounding peaks from its summit. Here are a few photos from the trip.


The Pfeifferhorn as seen from the Maybird drainage.


Standing up in the clouds on the top of the Obelisk.


John enjoying the views from atop the Obelisk. White Baldy can be seen directly behind him.


Brian standing on top of the Obelisk.


Looking west from the summit towards the Lightning Ridge.


John and I traversing a snow slope on the way back down.


A nice little glissade sure beats walking.

1 comment:

V.I.C.K.I. said...

Thanks for taking my little guy out on a wonderful little excursion. He sure likes to get out with you.