Sunday, November 16, 2008

They're Back!!



Thats right! Last night one of my best friends and I got to fulfill a childhood dream that we shared...to see New Kids on the Block LIVE! It was sooo much fun! Despite the fact that Danny, Donny, Jonathon, Jordan, and Joey are now in their late 30s to early 40s they still put on an AWESOME show! They had an arena full of screaming girls (ages 25-45), including the two of us. They sang all the old hits including "Cover Girl", "Step by Step", and "Hangin' Tough" ...just to name a few...as well as a couple new songs from their latest album. Danny showed off his muscles and break dancing skills, Jordan sang a couple of his own songs, including "Baby I Believe in You"...just like the old days with the white shirt blowing in the wind (and yes, he can still hit all those high notes like he used to), and Joey was still as easy on the eyes as I remember him being when I was 10! Actually, I think that they all have gotten more attractive with age! Neither Angela, nor I could stop smiling the entire evening. We were all giddy like we were teenagers again!...and then after the concert we both went home to our husbands and talked their ears off telling them all about it! Bottom line, NKOTB are just like I remember them...and more! Angela and I agreed that should they come back to Salt Lake City again, we are totally there!...maybe we will fork out the money for floor seats next time! :)...Hint: You can click on any of the pictures below to see them bigger ;)





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous!! :) Looks like you had a blast! I can just hear you and Angela screaming! Pictures actually turned out quite well! How fun! xo Mom

V.I.C.K.I. said...

I am living vicariously through you two. NKOTB is the bomb dot com.

Angela said...

Thanks so much for coming with me!This goes down as my favorite concert ever!! I was honestly twitterpated the entire show over them and couldn't believe what a crush I still had. I'm glad we could be foolish together. I've had their songs in my head for days now and I think I made it to the 3rd loop of their CD today in the car. I'm still working on graduating from 14 to 27 again. Oh why bother? I think I'm just going to continue the day dreaming and live in the moment a bit longer -