Tuesday, April 19, 2011

ONE!

Our little baby boy turned ONE on April 9, 2011.  We had SO much fun planning his party.  The night before the main event Travis and I, with the help of my parents, were busy baking and decorating.  We had decided on a dinosaur theme and were sure to have PLENTY of bright balloons (Jackson's latest obsession), streamers, and dinosaur paraphernalia. 

As always, Travis did a PERFECT job capturing this special day for us.  I really am spoiled to be married to a photographer, these pictures are PRICELESS!....

The birthday boy with his birthday crown.  If he looks a little sleepy it's because he had just woke up from his nap and was greeted with a house full of guests and balloons when we came down stairs

The dinosaur cake we made ourselves!!  A team effort between myself, Travis, and my parents.

Color Burst cupcakes that I am am QUITE proud of...YES, I actually make those babies!
 (thanks for the idea Rachel!)

All guests were required to tattoo up with a dino tattoo....it was sort of like a meal ticket! 

About to blow out his first candle (with mom's help)

A tentative start...

....getting the hang of things.....

...sugar is AWESOME!!
The party was fabulous and everything turned out just as we hoped it would!  Thanks to all of our family and friends for making the trip to Logan for Jackson's special day and for all the wonderful food that you each contributed and special gifts that you gave to him.  We will definitely be sure to show him all the pictures and videos we took in a few years so that he can fully appreciate how awesome it really was!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun! You did a great job with his party! I can't believe how big he is getting! And by the way, great shots Travis! xoxoxoxo, Mom A.

Heidi said...

It was such a fun party! I love that picture of everyone's arms sporting their dinosaur tattoos!

Angela said...

Impressive cake! I loved it! I can't believe he is about to walk. That's crazy.