Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I know I'm getting old when....

I dedicate a blog post to how excited I am to start using our brand new appliances in our brand new home! :) I know it's super lame, and I promise that I have a more exciting life...but I just wanted to share with everyone how ecstatic I am that come July I will no longer have to scrub out the stupid metal trays that go under the electric burners of my current stove (which no matter how hard I scrub or what I soak them in NEVER come completely clean!) I am also very excited for the water dispenser that will be on the refrigerator...Oh! And did I mention we got a SCREAMIN' deal on a scratch and dent fridge?... Which by the way, we couldn't tell where the scratch was even after the sales lady pointed it out to us!

Microwave


Stove

Refrigerator exterior and interior


Dishwasher

I am super excited with how everything seems to be falling into place with our new home. A couple of Saturday's ago we went up to Logan and in 7 hours we managed to pick out a kitchen faucet, cabinets/counter tops for our kitchen and bathrooms, flooring/carpet for the entire house, paint color, and finishing touches (blinds, trim, hardware, etc) It was a long day, but we managed without even ONE argument. All the people that helped us couldn't believe how easy we were to deal with. They said that lots of couples get into fist fights over things like this! Below are some pictures of the MODEL HOME that is laid out identical to how ours will be. The color schemes in the model are VERY similar to what we picked out for our place...I can only hope that our decorating will be just as cute! :)



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks soooo nice!!!
I can't wait to take another ride up to Logan and see how things are going!
Love mom A

Heidi said...

I am soooo excited for you guys! We still need to come down and see the model.

V.I.C.K.I. said...

You will be in the Parade of Homes in Nibley! Those stove burners are the pits. The razor is definitely the way to go.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see the finished product! Your blog post is not lame. Anytime anyone moves into a new place there is excitement in the air! =There should be. We are so happy for you and yes that is amazing that you agreed on everything! A match made in heaven! xoxo MOM H.

Angela said...

Hello Miss Lame--it's your friend the other Miss Lame. Being grown up is definitely strange I guess. I think the house thing is super exciting. Remember how silly John and I were? I'm excited for you but then again not- we'll hardly get to hang out anymore. We'll have to plan a monthly trip one city or the other to hang out for the weekend. And decorations- are you kidding- your apartment is 10x cuter than my house- I'm going to hire you one day. Talk to you soon :)

Bec and Ryan said...

Wow...mocing day is coming up...well it's closer than it was a year ago when we started working together. I am so excited for you! And I am excited about all of your appliances...def worth a post :D